Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: What Do You Think About Elizabeth?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member diana conover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2004
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have mixed feelings. I don't like that they changed the character's hair color, presumably to make her more "sellable." I'm speaking as a brunette here.
    On the other hand, I'll have to withhold my judgement until I see an official picture of her. I'm really sorry I missed seeing her real picture. (darn)

  2. #22
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by shortie421:
    Im 21 and got into AG at the age of 9 back in 1993 and Felicity has been my favorite since the beginning."
    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ June 05, 2005 10:06 PM: Message edited by: shortie421 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me too! Too bad we live so far apart - we could go have [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] s together and really talk about this! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    - Becca

  3. #23
    Inactive Member vgdag94's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2005
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just HATE that they changed Elizabeth's hair color. So does my dad! He is furious! But I still like the doll in general. But the dress looks cheap, like a barbie outfit. But I am still going to get her. I just fell in love with the doll. My Felicity will be really surprised when she sees her. She'll be like "OMG! Elizabeth! What did you do to your hair?!" and Elizabeth will be like, "I died my hair, ya like? Oh, yeah and I borrowed some of Barbie's clothes. I think cheap outfits are cool!"

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I completely agree with everything that has been said by Shortie, Rebecca, Becca, and Ann. I am 22 and have had Felicity since the year of her introduction, so I am another one of those who grew up with Felicity and her stories, and it just sickens me that AG made the decision to do this to Elizabeth. And that is all I am going to say. [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I and my dds were originally upset that they were changing her hair and eye color.

    BUT...both of my dds are in love with "the picture" of who we think will be Elizabeth. They basically took one look at her and sighed. They can't stop looking at her. My oldest (who was so thrilled to finally get Nellie last Christmas) actually said she thinks Elizabeth is prettier than Nellie! (this is shocking, as Nellie has been treated like a princess since she got her)

    Both of my dds just love her dress. I have to admit, she is a gorgeous doll. She doesn't look like Elizabeth, but I have to say that those board members who were talking about this doll encouraging girls to learn more about Colonial times might just be right. I think this doll will sell like crazy. And all of those girls will read her books. And Felicity's books. AND...if she is popular, our beloved Felicity will get New Things. I, for one, can't wait for that...lol!

    I'm excited about her as she will be coming to our house soon. My youngest has been saving her money since Christmas (this is the dd that Never saves her money) and wants to order her "the day she comes out." [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Becca B.:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by shortie421:
    Im 21 and got into AG at the age of 9 back in 1993 and Felicity has been my favorite since the beginning."
    <font color="#051E50"><font size="1">[ June 05, 2005 10:06 PM: Message edited by: shortie421 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me too! Too bad we live so far apart - we could go have [img]graemlins/martini.gif[/img] s together and really talk about this! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    - Becca
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL, that would be great! However getting alcohol involved with my rants on the current state of AG and Elizabeth might make me a little TOO animated, to put it kindly. Then again, I FEEL like I need a drink after what they're putting me through! [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] (I actually dont drink beer, I just like that icon and never get to use it...)

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    From shortie421:

    However getting alcohol involved with my rants on the current state of AG and Elizabeth might make me a little TOO animated, to put it kindly.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Haha...now I'm picturing a group of us sitting in a bar with our Felicity dolls, ranting and raving about Elizabeth and drawing an awful lot of stares. [img]cool.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •